Friday, January 28, 2005

something that's been in the ole music notebook

the human animal
looks around
curls its fingers
stands its ground
making its mark
its time to feed
politics, lies
sex and greed
they offer apology
you look askance
your assimilation
is advanced
I scream and scream
lungs are raw
they're chasing me
heed my call

i can't explain it
it's confusing me
and abusing me
what's walking this world
is not you or me

they call themselves
~peacekeepers~
we call them
~firebringers~
what they are is
~earthshakers
vowbreakers
mistakers
warmakers~

why do we
let
this
go
on?

keeping in line
staying in time
we're taken first
for all we're worth

no, no, it's not you
with your worldly views
it's not me
even though i can't see the light
niether of us is controlling our life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home