Thursday, January 27, 2005

Don't Panic!

ok, so it has come to my attention that several of my lovey boyos have not read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...humph! so i will post one of my favorite quotes in the hope that some of you will take interest and check these out, borrow them from a friend, buy them, or something like that...
" Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy)"

or how about this one:

"What do you mean you've never been to Alpha Centauri? For heaven's sake, mankind, it's only four light-years away, you know. I'm sorry, but if you can't be bothered to take interest in local affairs that's your own lookout.
"Energize the demolition beams."
Light poured out of the hatchways.
"I don't know," said the voice on the PA, "apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all." "

and my dears...if you ever have the chance to cross the galaxy... don't forget your towel...or your Guide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home