Sunday, November 28, 2004

ahh..saturday's..and the wee morning hours of sundays!

*yawn* ya know, 3 o'clock in the morning is a very strange place to find oneself...but hey, it was fun...must do it agian some time..a long time from now actually, i'm still yawning...anyway, yesterday was my first ever christmas parade! YAY!! my babies marched so well that the director decided to count the parade as extra extra credit for everyone..yay, agian! i must congradulate my low brass section, without the bari sax who is the bane of my life, they play surprisingly decent...makes me happy..must discourage said bari sax from playing more often ;) switch the little bugger to tenor sax or something....anyway, the that afternoon, myself, sarah, john, and a tutor from school all went over to Horn in the West to play some christmas type songs as directed to by wink....who basically just shoved music in my hands and said to play whatever i wanted to, he was going to be singing at another venue... ya know, i complain mightily when he does things like this, but in reality i really do enjoy being the one calling the shots...at least then i don't have to worry about making some parent mad that i neglected their wonderful little angel, cuz then the musicians who show up to these sort of gigs really want to be there....anyway, my lovely, freezing cold, very wonderful twin played lead, all by herself i might add, for the very first time, and turned out to be very wonderful!! kudos darling, ya know i love you! and surprisingly a group comprised of a tuba, a bari sax, an alto sax and an electric guitar doesn't sound half bad...heh, imagine that...
anyway then off to get coffee (we were all about frozen through by the end of the gig) and then home where i proceeded to eat much more chocolate then is good for me, and then fall asleep (AGIAN!!) with my contacts in...arrrggghh..that is the most uncomfortable feeling....you practically have to peel the littel buggers off...ugggh..not pleasent, and then once i had woken up, i decided i was much too warm to go back to sleep (da really does need to turn the heater down at night) so what do i do? i wander over to the computert and proceed to type away for 3 hours...heh...so that was my saturday...
oh, and i did put in job applications at App Ski Mt., wearing my most modest of sweater sets, as i was applying to the nursery (despite the fact i usually shy from little children, there is the ironic fact that i happen to be good with the wee ones..what a useless talent, as i plan not to be having my own anytime soon, if at all)..hopefully i'll get a call back, and my tenure in Hardee's Hell will be over..and i definately won't miss the place, as teh only things that made it good were my backline friends and tony...whom i can see anytime i want to outside of work :))
so, here's a song i dearly love, just for ya'll..enjoy

the Rainbow Connection (from the "Muppet Movie")

Kermit: Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its spell,
We know that it's probably magic...
... Have you been half asleep?
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name....
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm s'posed to be...
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Laa, da daa dee da daa daa,
La laa la la laa dee daa doo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home