Monday, May 16, 2005

sleepy day

stuffed full of canadian bacon and mushroom pizza, i sit bored, restless, and vaguely hazy in my Government classroom. whyfore are we here? exams finished, 2 weeks left of school, the senior class plods through the end of the year. the rest of our year flew by, what happened to the time? but the last 10 days seem to take 100 years to pass. i listen to the dull breaking waves of conversation, imbibe of the golden, liquid summer plans and wish for the sunshine of beaches and the saltiness of the ocean on my skin. its the time of swimming and the anticipation of tans, summer sports, the sweet tang of lemonade and cold clear icy waters. Dreaming of the world beyond my classroom, i sit wistful and sun-ray deprived......i need a decent nap, curled up on a blanket atop green grass, with the sun gently baking away my stress aches and cares...any takers for rubbing sunscreen on my skin, and fetching me lemonade and ice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home