Wednesday, December 29, 2004

down song

to offset the sappiness of my last song, i will now post one that might make ya'll feel better *wink, wink* heehee..the main inspiration for this one was billy joel's "the piano man"

she walked so tough
talked so cool
swingin' her hips
completely at ease

knew it was a bluff
when i offered a light
saw her eyes
desperate, pained

she'd had it rough
ill-used, ill-loved
sorry to be around
weary, soul-bruised

{I can take away her pain
but she might need it
i can soothe her memories
but she wants them
i can give her the world
but she's already been offered it}

she know much of me
as i sit here
singing her songs
false romance, sweet

how hard i work to please
we're together
painted up and for sale
smiling, sadly

me with my piano
tapping out stale songs
her with her dress
pretty, expensive

we can't make enough
to afford us
to buy our souls
complete, avenged

{she can take my pain
but i still need it
she can soothe my memories
but i want them
she can't give me the world
but she can give me a night}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home