Friday, December 24, 2004

a silly x-mas poem :P

this goes along the same vein as "the Night Before Christmas":

The stockings were hung
on this cold and clear night
awaiting small goodies
and treats to delight

I paced off to bed
benevolently smiling
this christmas was sweet
and all my own devising

I went up to bed
prepared for a snooze
after all it was Christmas
no sleep would i lose!

About three AM
a fashionable hour
i heard a strange roar
like a car full of power

I scrambled from bed
my froggie pjs flapping
stumbled to the window
to see what was happening

Up pulled a Cadillac
to my awe-struck home
blaring Bruce Springstien
and jazz saxophone

Out jumped a reindeer
and opened a door
rolled out a carpet
and stood back on the floor

A solitary spotlight
(they must have come equiped)
shone at that door
and out jumped St. Nick!

In a shiny red suit
that Elvis would love
Santa struck a slick pose
one finger pointed above

"All right you cool cats,
lets get to workin'!
Christmas Eve ain't forever,
and more houses are lurkin'!"

With that suave phrase
he lept into motion
he boogied and spun,
and caused quite a commotion!

My jaw hung loose
beholding this scene
with the reindeer helping
soon that trunk was clean!

{Grabbing up the gifts
Santa slid down the flue
He put out the gifts
The stories are true!

I ran down the steps
The presents to see
A slide guitar, reeds
And a kitten for me!

Grabbing up my kittie
I ran to the door
I stood there breathless
Hoping more was in store!}*

Whiping out his shades
Santa slid behind the wheel
loaded up his eight reindeer
and let his tires squeal!

I heard him bellow
as that car rocked out of sight
"Merry Christmas all you jazz-cats,
Santas left the building tonight!"

* this was added after the orignal posting to help clarify some points
much love!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home